Our community has been through a lot over the past few months & we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits & routines. While many things have changed, one thing remains the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice & you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's not only safe but also comfortable. We would like to educate you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep both patients & staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients & staff. We are implementing the following measures:
- Pre-Appointment Screening: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you arrive in our office.
- Patient Arrival: We ask that you call when you arrive, and a staff member will meet you at your vehicle. We will then take your temperature and lead you to our hand-washing station before checking in.
- Face Covering: Masks or face coverings are required to enter the office, as our staff will also be wearing masks during your appointment. If you do not have one and our supply allows, we will provide you with one.
- Waiting Room: Our waiting room has been arranged to promote social distancing. You may also see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys & so forth, since said items are difficult to clean & disinfect.
- Social Distancing: Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any given time.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Disinfecting: While our office is always clean, we have increased our standard cleaning protocols. We have purchased special disinfecting equipment, such as UV technology and air filtration, and have implemented extra cleaning measures between appointments to further protect patients and staff.
We look forward to seeing you again & are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 760-320-8700 or click on the "Appointment Request" tab.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust & loyalty; as we look forward to welcoming everyone back.
- Dr. Sheila Sales & the Affinity Dentistry Staff